FULLERTON, CA (July 1, 2014) – Yokohama Tire Corporation’s (YTC) ultra-high performance ADVAN® flagship line has a new member: the ADVAN Sport® A/S. The all-season, ultra high-performance tire, designed for the “ultimate drive” goes on sale July 1 in the U.S. in 28 sizes. Seven more sizes will be available later in the year.
“The ADVAN Sport A/S is all about dynamic all-season performance,” said Andrew Briggs, Yokohama director, marketing and product planning. “We engineered the tire with sport and luxury car drivers in mind, who demand great performance all year round. Now they have it with the Sport A/S.”
The Sport A/S is available in 17-inch to 20-inch sizes and is applicable for performance vehicles from automakers such as Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Infiniti and Porsche. “Drivers can expect exceptional handling and traction in all weather conditions – dry, rain and light snow – as well as superior ride comfort for a smooth, quiet drive,” said Briggs.
The Sport A/S is the first ultra high-performance tire in the ADVAN line-up with a 50,000-mile limited treadwear warranty on W- and Y-speed rated models.
Other highlights of the ADVAN Sport A/S include:
- An advanced compound that enables all-season handling with exceptional wear resistance. Advanced polymers keep the tread pliable in cold temperatures, while extra silica provides superior wet and winter grip.
- Wet and snow traction is enhanced by three straight grooves that evacuate water from the tread and a serpentine groove that provides a strong snow-shearing force. Plus, wavy sipes offer extra wet handling and z-grooves add more snow traction.
- Dry performance is improved by extra-large outside shoulder blocks (for better cornering) and 2-in-1 large blocks that maximize stiffness for increased lateral stability.
- An optimized contact patch contributes to better mileage by equalizing pressure distribution where the tread contacts the road for long, even wear.
- Exceptional comfort and a quiet ride is achieved by extending the sidewall reinforcement higher up to deliver enhanced handling, and the 4-pitch tread variation reduces pattern noise.
Yokohama Tire Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., a global manufacturing and sales company of premium tires since 1917. Servicing an extensive sales network throughout the U.S., Yokohama Tire Corporation is a leader in technology and innovation. The company’s complete product line includes tires for high-performance, light truck, passenger car, commercial truck and bus, and off-the-road mining and construction applications. For more information on Yokohama’s broad product line, visit www.yokohamatire.com.
Connect with Yokohama Tire Corporation:
Yokohama YouTube Channel
Yokohama is a strong supporter of the tire care and safety guidelines established by the Rubber Manufacturers Association and the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration. Details can be found at the “Tire Care & Safety” section at www.yokohamatire.com.