Yokohama Tire Announces New Sizes for the GEOLANDAR X-AT®
SANTA ANA, CA. – (July 6, 2023) – Yokohama Tire’s award-winning GEOLANDAR X-AT® extreme all-terrain tire is now available in more sizes. The tiremaker announced 17 new Euro/hard metric sizes will be added to the size lineup to pair with the existing LT-metric sizes. The tire, engineered for pickup trucks, Jeeps and SUVs, will be offered in over 80 sizes total by year’s end, ranging from 15 to 22 inches.
“The Euro/hard-metric sizes allow drivers with a highway all-season tire to upgrade to a more aggressive all-terrain tire with similar load capacity and tire pressure as their OE tire specifications,” said Drew Dayton, Yokohama’s senior product planning manager, consumer tires.”
The GEOLANDAR X-AT is known for offering the ultimate off-road performance without sacrificing any on-road comfort, making it a great performance upgrade for pick-up trucks and SUVs, no matter how or where they’re driven, and features a dual-sidewall design, which allows drivers to choose the appearance they like the best.
The new X-AT Euro/hard metric sizes are backed by a 50,00-mile limited treadwear warranty, while the LT-metric sizes will continue to have a 45,000-mile limited treadwear warranty.
Benefits for the GEOLANDAR X-AT include:
- Over 80 15-inch to 22-inch Euro/hard metric and LT metric sizes, including load range F sizes for heavier carrying capacities.
- Gripping off-road traction is achieved by dynamic, large shoulder blocks that are varied in length to create a biting edge and promote mud- and stone-ejection. Also, the angular center blocks provide extra strength and grip.
- Off-road durability and improved puncture resistance are assured thanks to Yokohama’s GEO-SHIELD™ technology, which features multiple sidewall plies, a high turn-up carcass and a full nylon cap.
- Long tread life is a lock with Yokohama’s HD2 compound. It’s made of a special triple-polymer blend engineered for reliable long tread life and impressive cut- and chip-resistance.
- A quiet, comfortable ride is guaranteed due to the zig-zag grooves that interrupt airflow to limit pattern and road noise.
About Yokohama Tire Corporation
Yokohama Tire Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., a global manufacturing and sales company of premium tires since 1917. Servicing an extensive sales network throughout the U.S., Yokohama Tire Corporation is a leader in technology and innovation. The company’s complete product line includes tires for high-performance, light truck, passenger car, and commercial truck and bus. For more information on Yokohama’s broad product line, visit www.yokohamatire.com and www.yokohamatruck.com.
Connect with Yokohama Tire Corporation:
Yokohama is a strong supporter of the tire care and safety guidelines established by the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association and the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration. Details can be found at the “Tires 101” section at www.yokohamatire.com.