Tractor Day Cab
Parcel Delivery Truck
Drop Deck Trailer
Closed Axle Trailer
Spread Axle Trailer
Designed to stand up to the rigors of life in the city, the Yokohama RY023™ is an all-position workhorse offering premium performance and durable construction for the most demanding applications.
Yokohama is proud to manufacture some, or all, of this product line at its Mississippi plant. Visit the Tire Specs section below and View All Specs for detailed information on the manufacturing origin for each part number.
Tire Features & Benefits
Tire Features & Benefits
Five-Rib Tread Design
Rock Shield Platforms
Sidewall Abrasion Guard
Hexagonal Bead Base
Semi-Rounded Shoulder Treatment
RY023™ Size & Specs
Search for specs by tire size:
Standard Limited Warranty
FOR TRUCK/BUS TIRES
This limited warranty/adjustment policy provides for tire replacement under certain specified conditions. This policy applies to tires used in normal highway service displaying warrantable conditions. Tires that become unserviceable or wear out because of neglect or mistreatment are excluded from Yokohama warranty coverage.
This warranty applies to every Yokohama truck/bus and light truck commercial (LTC) tire bearing the Yokohama brand name and complete D.O.T. serial identification number and operated in normal highway use in the United States. Eligible tires must be on the vehicle on which they were originally installed, in conformance with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations. This warranty applies only to the original tire purchaser, and is not transferable to any other party. Tires are covered by this warranty for the life of the original usable tread down to the tread depth indicators molded at 2/32” (1.6 mm), not to exceed 5 years (60 months) from date of purchase.
WHAT IS NOT WARRANTEDTires that have become unserviceable for the following reasons:
- Road hazard injuries or damage caused to the tire by obstacles and debris, such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears or impact breaks.
- Improper repairs or repairs that have failed.
- Improper inflation or other maintenance abuses.
- Improper application of tire size and/or specification.
- Improper mounting/dismounting procedures or tire/wheel assembly balance.
- Mechanical irregularities in the vehicle or wheel, such as bent wheel assemblies, misalignment, worn or faulty components.
- Weather checking/cracking or failures resulting from these conditions on tires purchased more than four years (48 months) prior to a warranty claim.
- Accident, corrosion, vandalism, fire or damages caused by nature.
- Tires that have had material added after leaving a Yokohama manufacturing plant, such as fillers or sealants; tires that have had been modified including shaving or regrooving; tires that have been improperly maintained including improper repairs or improper stud insertion.
- Tires submitted for ride disturbance complaints after 2/32” (1.6 mm) of treadwear or 12 months from date of purchase.
- Tires on vehicles registered or operated outside of the United States (refer to applicable Yokohama warranty policies for country of operation).
- Tires not sold in the United States by Yokohama Tire Corporation.
- Tires branded by Yokohama to note special classification at time of purchase, such as “NA” (non-adjustable) or tires altered by notching or buffing.
- Improper storage.
WHAT IS WARRANTEDTires that have become unserviceable for reasons other than stated above will be replaced in accordance with this warranty.
No Charge AdjustmentA Yokohama tire accepted for warranty credit during the first 2/32” (1.6 mm) of treadwear or 12 months from date of purchase, whichever occurs first, will be replaced on a no-charge basis. During this wear period, tires will be mounted and balanced free of charge. Federal Excise Tax (FET) will not be collected on a no-charge adjustment. Other service charges, such as tire rotation and wheel alignment are payable by the customer.
Pro-Rated AdjustmentFor all other warrantable conditions, a Yokohama tire will be replaced on a pro-rated basis. The customer will receive credit toward the purchase of the new tire by multiplying the percentage of the tread depth remaining by the dealer’s current selling price of the new comparable Yokohama tire at the time of replacement service, but never less than the casing credit listed in the Special Casing Warranty. The customer pays full FET applicable to the comparable new Yokohama tire plus all mounting, balancing and other service charges.
Yokohama’s ObligationsReplacements qualifying under the warranty must be made by an authorized Yokohama dealer.
Customer’s ObligationsThe customer must present the claim tire to an authorized Yokohama dealer in the United States. Tires receiving warranty credit become property of Yokohama Tire Corporation.
Limitations and ExclusionsAll implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration of this written warranty. All obligations or liabilities for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use or any other incidental or consequential damages are hereby excluded. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. This warranty gives the customer legal rights that may vary from state to state. The customer is advised to determine those rights for his/her local area and exercise them as required or deemed appropriate.
SPECIAL CASING WARRANTY
EligibilityThis policy applies to tires displaying warrantable conditions when used in appropriate service as defined on yokohamatruck.com and which meet the following criteria.
- Tires must be or have been retreaded in a manner consistent with standard industry practice.
- Tires submitted for hidden conditions must be or have been using non-destructive tire casing analyzer prior to any retreading, and be so identified.
What is Warranted and for How LongPrior to the retreading process, Yokohama radial truck/bus tires are covered by all provisions of the Yokohama Standard Limited Warranty for Truck and Bus Tires. After the first retreading has been applied on the qualified tire, an additional special casing warranty applies. If a qualified tire becomes unserviceable due to a warrantable condition, the customer will be given a casing credit, as indicated in the chart below. The retread life is defined as beginning with the installation of the new retread stock and ending after buffing for subsequent retread.
If a warrantable condition is found during the inspection or buffing process, the casing warranty credit will be paid at the amount of the next retread life.
What is Not Covered
- Casings retreaded more times than provided by the warranty statement in the chart.
- Casings damaged by road hazard injuries or damages caused by obstacles or debris such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears, abrasions, or impact breaks.
- Casings damaged by improper repairs or repairs that have failed.
- Casings damaged by improper inflation or other maintenance abuses.
- Casings damaged by continued operation while flat or severely underinflated.
- Casings damaged by improper application of tire size and/or specification.
- Casings damaged by improper mounting/dismounting procedures or tire/wheel assembly imbalance.
- Casings damaged by accident, corrosion, vandalism, fire, or nature.
- Casings damaged by use of aftermarket tire additives, such as fillers, sealants, or balancing substances.
- Casings damaged by improper retreading or defective retread materials.
- Casings that cannot be retreaded because of excessive treadwear or buffing.
- Casings not retreaded in a manner consistent with standard industry practice.
- Tires covered by Yokohama Standard Limited Warranty.
- Tires branded by Yokohama to note special classifications at time of purchase, such as “NA” (non-adjustable), or tires altered by notching or buffing.
- Tires on vehicles registered or operated outside the United States (refer to applicable Yokohama warranty policies for country of operation).
- Tires not sold in the United States by Yokohama Tire Corporation.
Limitations and ExclusionsAll implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration of this written warranty.
Yokohama Tire Corporation reserves the right to change warranty provisions at anytime without obligation. All obligations or liabilities for loss of time, inconvenience, vehicle use, or any other incidental or consequential damages are hereby excluded. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply. This warranty gives the customer legal rights that may vary from state to state. The customer is advised to determine those rights for their local area and exercise them as required or deemed appropriate.
CUSTOMER’S OBLIGATIONSThe customer must present the claim tire to an authorized Yokohama dealer. The customer is required to pay the adjusted price of the new tire (dealer’s current retail selling price at the time of adjustment, less credit allowance) and taxes. The cost of mounting, balancing, and any other service charges or applicable taxes are also payable by the customer.
Last Updated: February 2023