COOKIES ON THE YOKOHAMA TIRE SITE
TRUCK, OFF THE ROAD AND INDUSTRIAL TIRES & TUBES
You are expected to outperform over the long haul and you should expect the same from your tires. Whether it’s a truck, industrial or off the road application, Yokohama builds the highest engineering standards into its products. That’s why we back our commercial tires with one of the most comprehensive warranties in the business.
The Limited Warranty/Adjustment Policy applies to new Yokohama Truck, Industrial and Off The Road tires or tubes used in normal service displaying a warrantable condition. This policy does not necessarily require the existence of a manufacturing defect in order to qualify. This policy is not a warranty that a tire will not wear out or that it will not fail or become unserviceable if poorly maintained or misapplied.
1. Warranty Eligibility
Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc. limited warranties cover the first retail purchaser of new Yokohama Truck, Industrial and Off The Road tires and tubes. All products claimed under these warranties must bear the Yokohama name and complete D.O.T. serial numbers (including the letters D.O.T.).
2. What is Warranted
If a tire or tube becomes unserviceable from a condition other than those listed under Part 3, Yokohama will make an adjustment towards the purchase of a similar new Yokohama replacement tire or tube.
A) TRUCK TIRE LIMITED WARRANTY
Yokohama will replace the tire with a similar new Yokohama tire on a useable tread wear basis. The price you pay will equal the percentage of the original usable “tread worn off” x CRV mounting, balancing and applicable taxes. The maximum you will pay is CRV minus Casing Value plus mounting, balancing and applicable taxes. CRV corresponds to 80% of the Suggested Retail Price (SRP) as listed in the latest Yokohama Suggested Retail Price list. “Tread worn off” is computed as a percentage of the original usable tread. As tire safety regulations require replacement when the tire is worn down to the tread wear indicators, the last 2/32” is excluded from the definition “original usable tread”.
B) OFF THE ROAD AND INDUSTRIAL TIRE LIMITED WARRANTY
Yokohama will replace the tire with a similar new Yokohama tire on a useable tread wear basis. The price you pay will equal the percentage of the original “tread worn off” x CRV + mounting, balancing and applicable taxes. CRV corresponds to 80% of the Suggested Retail Price (SRP) as listed in the latest Yokohama Suggested Retail Price (SRP) list. “Tread worn off” is computed as a percentage of the original tread.
C) TUBE LIMITED WARRANTY
Yokohama will replace a tube displaying a warrantable condition with a similar new tube on a no charge basis.
D) PAVED HIGHWAY TRUCK TIRE LIMITED CASING WARRANTY
In addition to the Truck tire Limited Warranty, Yokohama will provide a limited casing warranty for trucks used ONLY on paved highways.
This limited Casing Warranty may apply if within 4 years or up to the end of the first retread life – whichever comes first – a defect in materials and/or workmanship is discovered.
Yokohama will replace the tire with a similar new Yokohama tire. The price you pay equals CRV minus our Casing Value (list of casing values available upon request). CRV is a reasonable approximation of the current replacement value of the tire and corresponds to 80% of the Suggested Retail Price (SRP) as listed in the latest Yokohama Suggested Retail Price list.
3. Conditions and Exclusions
Yokohama Limited Warranties exclude the following:
• Failure or damage, including rapid and irregular tread wear, caused directly or indirectly by: fire; accident; vandalism; negligence; motor sport; road hazard including, impact breaks, nails, glass, stones, rocks etc.; running flat; brake lock; spinning; overloading; improper inflation; wheel alignment; tire rotation; misapplication; improper mounting; mounting on non-approved rims; chains; studs; equipment damage; and mechanical condition of vehicle
• Failure or damage, caused directly or indirectly by misapplication of tire usage, as recommended by either the vehicle manufacturer or by Yokohama, including incorrect size, speed rating or load (ply) rating and the selection of an off the road tread class, including TRA tread code
• Truck tires in “out of round’ condition after the first 25% of tread wear
• Industrial and Off The Road tires in “out of round” condition
• Tires presented more than 4 years after the date of purchase if the original purchase invoice is provided or 5 years after the date of manufacture if original purchase invoice is not provided
• Cosmetic or appearance damage
• Tires altered in appearance after leaving the Yokohama factory
• Tires branded “no adj”
• Tires on vehicles registered or normally operated outside of Canada
• Tube damage caused by improper fitting or fitting on non-approved rims
Limited Casing Warranty – Additional Exclusions:
• Tires that have completed the first retread life
• Tires presented more than 4 years after the date of purchase if original purchase invoice is provided or 5 years after the date of manufacture if original purchase invoice is not provided
• Casings which cannot be retreaded due to excessive tread wear or excessive buffing
4. Yokohama’s Obligation
Replacements qualifying under Yokohama Limited Warranties may be made by an authorized Yokohama dealer in Canada.
5. Owner’s Obligation
You must present the damaged tire, casing or tube to an authorized Yokohama dealer in Canada. You must pay the replacement charge of the new Yokohama tire or tube, which is specified by the applicable Limited Warranty. Unless otherwise specified in the applicable Limited Warranty, you are also responsible for the payment of repairs and services such as: mounting, balancing, rotating, alignment, replacement of tubes and applicable taxes. All tires, casings and tubes which have been replaced under Yokohama Limited Warranties, may at the discretion of Yokohama, become property of Yokohama Tires (Canada) Inc.
6. Legal Rights and Limitations
Yokohama Limited Warranties provide for specific legal rights. In addition, there may be other rights which may vary from province to province. To the extent permitted by law, all obligations or liabilities for loss of time, inconveniences, loss of use of a vehicle or any other incidental or consequential damages, costs or expenses either direct or indirect are herby excluded. No warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, exists with respect to Yokohama products other than set forth above and no representation, promise or agreement except as stated herein.
Less than 20 inches in Diameter $50.00
20 inches or more in Diameter $100.00
With the following exception:
255/70R22.5 and 275/70R22.5 $75.00