This policy applies to tires displaying warrantable conditions when used in appropriate service as defined in the Yokohama Commercial Sales and Reference Guide and which meet the following criteria.
- Tires must be or have been retreaded by a Yokohama-approved retreading process. Please reference the approved retread list at yokohamatruck.com.
- Tires must be or have been inspected by a Yokohama approved non-destructive tire casing analyzer prior to any retreading, and be so identified.
Truck tires designated by Yokohama as approved for and used in on/off highway applications are eligible for warranty consideration if they display warrantable conditions.
What is Warranted and for How Long
Prior to the retreading process, Yokohama radial truck/bus tires are covered by all provisions of the Yokohama Standard Limited Warranty for Truck and Bus Tires. After the retread has been applied on the qualified tire, an additional special casing warranty applies. If a qualified tire becomes unserviceable due to a warrantable condition, the customer will be given a casing credit, as indicated in the chart below. The retread life is de ned as beginning with the installation of the new retread stock and ending after buffing for subsequent retread.
|Casing Warranty Category||# Of Years||# of retreads||eligible sizes||warranty casing amount|
|Inspection prior to
|1st retread||2nd retread||3rd retread||Subsequent
|Ultra Wide Base
Casing Warranty Details
ultra wide base tires
MY627W SPEC-2 PART # 62702
All other yokohama truck/bus tires
What Is Not Covered
- Casings retreaded more times than provided by the previous warranty statement.
- Casings damaged by road hazard injuries or damages caused by obstacles or debris such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears, abrasions, or impact breaks.
- Casings damaged by improper repairs or repairs that have failed.
- Casings damaged by improper inflation or other maintenance abuses.
- Casings damaged by continued operation while flat or severely underinflated.
- Casings damaged by improper application of tire size and/or specification.
- Casings damaged by improper mounting/dismounting procedures or tire/wheel assembly imbalance.
- Casings damaged by accident, corrosion, vandalism, fire, or nature.
- Casings damaged by use of aftermarket tire additives, such as fillers, sealants, or balancing substances.
- Casings damaged by improper retreading or defective retread materials.
- Casings that cannot be retreaded because of excessive treadwear or buffing.
- Casings retreaded in a facility not using a Yokohama approved retreading process.
- Tires covered by Yokohama Standard Limited Warranty (4/32" or more of original tread remaining).
- Tires branded by Yokohama to note special classifications at time of purchase, such as (non-adjustable), or tires altered by notching or buffing.
- Tires on vehicles registered or operated outside the United States. (Refer to applicable Yokohama warranty policies for country of operation.)
- Tires not sold in the United States by Yokohama Tire Corporation.
Limitations And Exclusions
All implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration of this written warranty. Yokohama Tire Corporation reserves the right to change warranty provisions at any time without obligation. All obligations or liabilities for loss of time, inconvenience, vehicle use, or any other incidental or consequential damages are hereby excluded. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply. This warranty gives the customer legal rights that may vary from state to state. The customer is advised to determine those rights for their local area and exercise them as required or deemed appropriate.
The customer must present the claim tire to an authorized Yokohama dealer, with certification that the tire was retreaded by an approved Yokohama retreading process and inspected by a Yokohama approved non-destructive tire casing analyzer. The customer is required to pay the adjusted price of the new tire (dealer's current retail selling price at the time of adjustment, less credit allowance) and taxes. The cost of mounting, balancing, and any other service charges or applicable taxes are also payable by the customer. Remember to register your new Yokohama tires either online at yokohamatruck.com or by mail. Mail-in registration cards are available at authorized Yokohama dealers.